Here’s a couple of tips to lessen the pain (and increase the longevity of the hair free feeling).
– If you’re really worried about the pain and haven’t had a wax before, then take 1 or 2 ibuprofen for pain swelling about 30-40 minutes before your appointment. This can help reduce the surface discomfort.
– Make sure your hair is long enough to remove completely from the roots. It should be about the length of a grain of rice. If you’ve shaved the area within the last few weeks it might take a couple of waxes to get your hair into a cycle of growth that allows the most effective wax finish.
After your Wax…
Immediately after your wax
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness. First time waxes and sensitive skin types may experience prickly heat type rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free.
– No sunbathing for at least 12 hours (have your waxing done at least the day BEFORE you go on holiday)
– No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
– No spa baths or saunas
– Avoid applying any topical lotions to the waxed area for at least 12 hours
(fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
– Also avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
– Use a Doterra Melaluca or lavender oil (w/fractionated coconut oil as the carrier), apply to the area for it’s anti-bacterial qualities.
3-10 Days after waxing
As you skin closes over the follicles, ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This can happen when new, often softer hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation.
Here’s what to do:
– Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days. Especially important days 3-10 day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
– Use a product like PFB to roll over the area after showering. This product contains lactic acid which helps ensure dead skin cells are buffed away allowing your hair back through the follicle opening. We do carry PFB care products for your purchase.
Following the after care advice will make your next wax a whole lot quicker and less painful.
How long will your wax last?
If you’re a first-time or occasional wax client you will likely notice some new hair growth within 2-3 weeks due to the naturally staggered hair growth cycle. This part of regrowth will be sparse. Soon after the remaining hair will begin growing in.
Regular waxing will leave the area hair free for 3 – 6 weeks.
Over time the density of hair in the waxed area may start to decrease as well. This happens due to scar tissue building up from regular waxing.
More waxing questions? Please call (605)977-BODY (2639)
INBETWEENIE BIKINI $55+
If excessive trimming is needed add $10
If you want upper inner thigh add $15
High Frequency ingrown prevention add $10
FULL FACE $55
(lip, chin and cheeks)
VIP Brazilian wax club $45
This is pricing for clients who book and return within 4 weeks of last wax with us. Exceptions may be made in cases of long time wax clients who see regrowth at 5-6 weeks
Brazilian Waxing Age Policy
We do not perform Brazilian Wax treatments on females under the age of 16 years.
We are happy to discuss regular bikini line waxing for younger clients, when accompanied by a parent. All clients under 18 must have a parental consent form signed at the time of service.
Please discontinue the use of Retin-A at least 10 days prior to your appointment. Any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, exfoliants/scrubs discontinue at least 72 hours prior to appointment. By not doing so, skin can be sensitive and easily damaged.
NOTE: Hair must be AT LEAST 1/4 inch long (about the length of a grain of rice)
Hair must be 2-3 weeks old (1/4 inch in length minimum). Prior to services we try to make you comfortable with a topical bikini are formulated numbing solution. For added comfort we may also use a cold roller to help ease the discomfort associated with waxing.
No waxing for Retin A or Accutane, or differin users without a Dr/Dermatologists consent.
BENEFITS OF WAXING
*Brow waxing helps to frame the face *Hair growth slows down after continuous waxing
*Smooth skin *Helps your cosmetics go on smoother
*Reduce ingrown hairs with re-growth *Less sweating reducing sticky feeling
*Less maintenance *NO ITCHY RE-GROWTH
Lashes & Brows Specialties
Tinting helps create a better shaped brow. By tinting the lighter or sparser brow hairs darker we can truly work with and shape your brows to perfection.
Brow Tint $22
Brow Wax & Tint $30
Brow Wax, Tint & Lash Tint $50
Lash Tint $25
Lash & Brow Tint $40